According to our customers, below are 9 features that a modern portable label printer should include. Our customers feel these points make a difference in the ease, usability and performance in industrial labeling tasks and are must-haves in any new printer purchases.
1) Must be a Small Compact Unit in a Durable Hard-Sided Case
- Holds printer, supplies, cleaner.
- Protects printer during transport.
2) Must be Reliable
- It has to work when you need it.
3) Must Have a Large Selection of Supplies
- Supplies must be readily available.
- Variety of supplies to fit your requirements now and later.
- Do the supplies work in different models of portable printers from the same company?
4) Must Have Ease of Operation
- Handheld, like a smartphone, for data entry.
- Supplies are easily switched out.
5) Must Have a Substantial Warranty
- Is the warranty for a lifetime or a limited time?
6) Must Use Batteries
- Rechargeable with the ability to use disposable batteries for backup.
7) Must Have Computer Connectivity
- USB connection to laptop, desktop computer.
- Wi-Fi connection.
- Bluetooth connection.
8) Must Include Labeling Software
- Included with printer at no additional cost.
- Easy to use.
- Able to install on multiple devices.
9) Must be Robust
- Should stand up to rigors of the job.
- Printer should be able to print industrial labels, heat shrink sleeves and self-laminating wire wraps.
Don’t settle for anything less than these must-have features in your next portable label printer.
And as always, if you have any questions about what is the best printer for you, do not hesitate to give us a call at 780-434-9152 or Toll Free at 1-800-268-7636. Our industry identification experts are happy to help!