Author: Jeff Thomas, Partner, Advisory Services
KPMG in Canada
Various government programs are in place to support businesses through these challenging times, but confusion remains as to which programs can be accessed and under what conditions. The Alberta economy is being hit two-fold right now, making it even more critical to understand how to leverage these programs and protect your organization.
KPMG Calgary hosted a virtual session that discussed Canadian and US government assistance programs and key considerations for companies evaluating them.
Topics for the session included:
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Alberta energy sector support programs
- Key Canadian Federal credit support
- The US CARES Act – Paycheck Protection Program
- The US CARES Act – Tax Provisions
- Canadian tax planning considerations
- Bonus topic: return to work considerations
Watch the replay here:
For more information on government programs and key considerations, contact:
Jeff Thomas, Partner
Advisory Services, KPMG in Canada