The past decade has redefined the North American petroleum industry, starting with sweeping transformation in the upstream that has seen Canadian production nearly double while shale barrels have vaulted the U.S. back to the world’s top producer. The midstream has taken center stage as Alberta bursts at the seams, mandating an unprecedented provincial production cut for lack of takeaway capacity. The downstream is evolving as well with carbon tax and Clean Fuel Standards that will impact refining and distribution in the years to come.
If you have not taken an in-depth look at the industry recently, this course is the perfect opportunity for a wellhead-to-gas pump education.
Topics covered include:
- Exploration and production
- Refining process from basic distillation to complex hydro-cracking
- Pipeline transportation and U.S. spot markets
- Trading in the intermediary markets
- Wholesale rack markets and exchanges
- The retail landscape and the players, trends, margins, and the pricing components that make up street price
- And more.
April 10-11, 2019