Question: Why would you need a 2 day I&C (Instrumentation and Controls) technology course?
- 65% of risk reduction comes from I&C (Recent Risk Intelligence studies prove this)
- I&C is the largest and fastest growing form of risk mitigation in the world, and can get complex
- I&C is the least regulated and least understood risk reduction mechanism compared to mechanical safeguards (PSV’s, ESDV’s, etc.)
- I&C has the largest return of investment when it gets used correctly; (proper maintenance schedule, rationalize alarm management, etc.)
I&C is not that obvious
How does it work? What is the intended function? Are there any related threats or hazardous events? Are there other related safeguards?
What are the problems encountered with modern control systems?
Do you know what I&C safety devices look like or what they do?
Can you identify them in a P&ID and see it in the field?
Can make sure they are operating correctly?
What kind of mistakes can be made?
What is the intended function?
Why do I&C’s usually fail?
How dependent are you on Instrumentation and Controls (I & C) to keep you safe?
- What do you do when the safety critical alarms go off?
- What is your #1 I&C critical safety related alarm?
- What is your #1 critical I&C safety mechanism?
- What is your #1 critical operating procedure?
- Is it critical because of safety or production?
- How does this tie in with Process Safety?
If you need to be familiar with I&C safeguards, come and learn what really matters.
Developed and instructed by professionals who have extensive expertise in the field, this course focuses on the application of instrumentation and control systems to help make your world a safer place. Take advantage of this great introductory course now as space is limited. For any questions, please contact us.
Upcoming dates for the Fundamentals of I &C Course:
April 12-13, 2018
June 20-21, 2018
August 22-23, 2018
Nov 7-8, 2018
For any questions, please contact our training coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-403-267-9637.