Written by Hamish Knox; President of Sandler in Calgary, Canada
Creating accountable, sales focused organizations in Calgary
There’s a lot of freedom in a sales funnel that’s full at the top and tapers (not bloats) downward.
When your organization’s funnel looks more like a pencil your salespeople will feel pressure to say and do things that aren’t in their best interest (like discount or do demos for no reason other than they were asked).
A full funnel makes your team feel more free to say things like, “thanks for thinking of us. We’re not a good fit” to prospects who are kicking their tires and to remove “opportunities” that are bloating the middle of their funnels so your forecasts are more accurate.
Getting to a full funnel will be challenging if you salespeople are used to lots of inbound leads causing the phone to ring or if they are stuck in “service” mode. Those are the same salespeople who will tell you that “no one is buying” when the phone stops ringing or “the economy sucks so we need to….”
If you’re funnel (your real funnel) looks more like a pencil your organization is more normal that you might believe. To fill up your funnel focus on lead generation and you set the pace for your salespeople by doing a little proactive prospecting every week. You may discover that you’ve got a few salespeople who don’t want to support your vision of a full funnel. That’s okay. Move them on a bring on new salespeople who buy into your vision.
Until next time… go lead.
When: Wednesday September 12th
Social selling isn’t:
- Social media
Social selling is using virtual tools and networks to:
- Create mutually beneficial relationships
- Connect with more of the right prospects
- Add more, qualified opportunities to your funnel
- Increase your credibility with your network
Join us at our latest Crash a Class session and you’ll get:
- A simple structure for identifying the right targets on social media
- A credibility enhancer through 5-3-1 rule
- Templates for cold messages that create real conversations with the right prospects
- An understanding of how and when to PUTT (pick up the phone)
- Insights into the Attitudes, Behaviors and Techniques that create success with social selling
Whether you’re an experienced social seller or looking to test out another way of connecting with prospects join us on September 12. Leave your laptop at home and come prepared for an engaging, interactive discussion on social selling.
Reserve your seat today Limited Seating.