Make your sustainable vision a reality by developing your technical and leadership skills in this in-demand area.
The Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Clean Energy Engineering is an intensive one-year degree (January to December) for engineers and environmental science graduates. The combination of technical expertise and leadership development makes the MEL in Clean Energy Engineering degree unique and highly relevant in today’s business environment.
There is a growing need across multiple industries for technical experts in clean energy engineering. Our planet needs viable energy solutions to minimize environmental impacts, promote geopolitical stability and enable economic diversification.
Watch this video and learn more about this unique technical management program from our students and professors.
Propel your career forward in just one year
This unique master’s degree program will:
- deepen your knowledge of sustainable energy systems, energy distribution networks, energy efficiency and energy policy
- broaden your sector-relevant skills through a project-based curriculum that covers all stages of the industry value chain
- provide a dynamic learning environment that includes project work, seminars, conferences and other innovative teaching strategies
- offer opportunities for you to collaborate with world-renowned faculty and industry experts at UBC’s high-tech facilities and multidisciplinary research centres
- help you advance your career by balancing technical learning with in-depth leadership courses on project management, business and communication
Take your career to the next level
Graduates of the Clean Energy Engineering program started in positions, such as:
- Project Manager
- Business Development
- Energy Officer
- Energy Engineer
- Energy Specialist
Read some of our alumni stories of how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL degree.
Want to know more about this unique master’s degree?
Check out the information regarding degree benefits and course information on our website.
Subscribe to our newsletter to easily get information about our program and upcoming events.