At the recent Global Petroleum Show in Calgary, Alberta, companies big and small were showcasing specific products and services. Many of the visitors to booths will take the information they gathered and visit company websites at a later time to learn more about the products and services they saw. Regardless of the size of your business, landing pages are essential for converting online traffic into leads. This is done by creating a landing page for a very specific product or offer that you are trying to push, and creating a campaign to drive traffic to that specific landing page. The landing page must contain a lead capturing form, this will collect your visitors contact information and allow your sales.
For example, if your sales team sent out an email to your contact database announcing a new product. And in that email there was a call to action button which says “Free Demo”, which links to a landing page about that product. Once they reach this page they will be asked to fill out a form. The sales rep can then take their contact information and reach out to them to schedule the free demo and begin nurturing that lead.
Here are some tips to create an effective call to action:
- Ensure it is action oriented
- Use clear and precise language, so that visitors know exactly what to expect and do once they reach the landing page
- Use the keywords that are relevant to your offer and landing page
- Use A/B testing to determine how which combination of text, images and colours is getting the best response. Make sure you only make one change at a time.
- Place the calls to action above the fold on the landing page so people don’t need to scroll down to find it
- You can place your calls to action on your website, blog, relevant landing pages and social media
Here are some interesting call-to-action (CTA) stats:
- Adding CTAs to your Facebook page can increase click-through rate by 285%. (Source)
- Major European e-commerce site experienced 35.81% increase in conversion by changing button color on product landing pages. (Source)
- A fitness chain experienced 213.16% increase in conversion by making the copy more relevant. (Source)
- Hubspot found that calls-to-action targeted to the user had a 42% higher view-to-submission rate than calls-to-action that were the same for all visitors. (Source)
- Unbounce found 90% increase in CTR by changing one word in the button copy. (Source)
- Small changes can yield up to 30% increase in conversion. (Source)
About BIG Interactive Corp.
We are committed to creating unique marketing solutions to grow our clients businesses by developing their competitive advantage through possibility thinking. The art of possibility thinking helps us to discover new ideas and innovative marketing strategies to ultimately achieve our clients long-term financial and brand goals.
Big specializes in working with energy and energy related companies, delivering strategic planning, branding, interactive services, corporate collateral and other marketing elements.
Contact BIG Interactive Corp.
Suite 200 621 4th Ave SW
Dan King, President
403 629 7383