CALGARY, Alberta, Sept. 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Baytex Energy Corp. (“Baytex”)(TSX, NYSE: BTE) has published its fourth biennial corporate sustainability report, demonstrating our commitment to transparency and accountability, and our progress in managing the environmental and social impacts of our business.
The report is available on Baytex’s website at www.baytexenergy.com.
- 76% reduction in corporate spill volumes over five years
- 99.1% routine gas conservation in Peace River achieved in 2018
- 39% reduction in employee and contractor lost time injury frequency (per 200,000 hours worked) over five years
- $32 million of contracts awarded to Indigenous contractors and companies in 2017-2018
- 25% women board members as of September 2019
- Recognized by Corporate Knights as a Future 40 Responsible Corporate Leader in 2018
- Establishment of a greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions intensity target
Continual improvement is an important element of our culture of commitment. For the first time in company history, Baytex has established a GHG emissions reduction target. Our objective is to reduce our corporate GHG emission intensity (tonnes of CO2 per boe) by 30% by 2021, relative to our 2018 baseline.
The report has been prepared following the principles outlined in the Global Reporting Initiative (“GRI”) Standards. To improve comparability, we have cross-referenced our disclosures to the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”) and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”).