We are seeking a hands-on leader, to fill the role of Manager, Marketing & Communications and join our downtown Calgary head office. You will be responsible for leading, planning, developing, implementing and managing vision and values aligned internal and external communications and marketing strategies that foster strong client, community and people engagement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to build and manage proactive communication plans in support of the company’s vision, mission, values and strategic business goals.
- Lead the planning, managing and delivery of all Surerus Murphy marketing and communications (internal and external) including development and oversight of associated budgets, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, digital marketing, etc.
- Provide strategic external communication counsel and support to executive and senior leadership to build the broader brand and reputation of Surerus Murphy.
- Write and edit content for both traditional and digital platforms to share and promote our activities, objectives, impact and overall brand
- Manage content across all platforms, including website, intranet, social media and print
- Evaluate marketing and communications initiatives and identify opportunities to strengthen communications
- Manage designing of logos, brand standards and guidelines and associated design requests.
- Contribute to project work across a variety of marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Business Development leaders to develop marketing communications strategies
- Development of long-term communication, marketing and strategic planning goals and strategies for the organization.
- Establish and implement repeatable and scalable processes and project management for marketing communications and campaigns
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Advertising, Communications
- Minimum 10 years of experience; 5 years in leadership.
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills combined with a detail-oriented mindset
- Creative thinker who can be flexible and adapt to change
- Working knowledge in graphic design principles, digital design principles and web standards
- Working knowledge of professional printing document requirements.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator Captivate)
- Photography, as well as video editing and producing an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department: Business Operations
This is a permanent position
Visit Careers at Surerus Murphy Joint Venture