During these challenging times, Federated Co-operatives Limited is working to serve our local co-ops, customers, and communities. We are committed to supporting our local co-ops and the communities they serve. Working together to provide essential services to communities across Western Canada, we are hiring a Manager, Product Supply (temporary, up to 2 years) on a temporary basis at our Co-op Refinery Complex (CRC) in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. To learn more about who we are, visit www.fcl.crs.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for leading the Product Supply team to ensure sufficient supply of high-quality transportation fuels are in place across Western Canada to meet the growing demands of the Co-op Retailing System (CRS). You will negotiate and manage a combination of short and long-term agreements for the sale, purchase, exchange, or trading of gasoline, diesel, and renewable fuels to optimize supply to the network. You will be responsible for developing strategies, overseeing renewable fuels procurement, and reporting activities to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial renewable and low carbon fuel regulations.
- Long-Term Agreements:
- Negotiate and manage long-term agreements for product exchange, product purchases, sales, and terminal agreements with refiners, marketers, or suppliers to ensure supply to the CRS at the lowest cost.
- Maintain relationships with representatives from other refiners, and marketing companies to identify and discuss opportunities for new or additional business.
- Supply Operations:
- Manage and guide the activities of the Product Supply team who determine refinery production requirements, negotiate short-term product purchases, sales, or time-trade agreements with other refiners or marketers, and administer all long-term exchange, purchase, sale, and terminal agreements.
- Oversee the development of the monthly supply plan which includes all exchange agreement nominations, pipeline shipments, railcar loading requirements, and the monitoring of offsite inventories.
- Lead the analysis and problem-solving of significant product supply issues to ensure resolution is achieved for the CRS and that the impacts are properly communicated to affected stakeholders.
- Oversee ethanol, biodiesel, and renewable diesel procurement and supply.
- Energy Products & Services Co-ordination:
- Collaborate closely with the FCL Energy Products & Services Department to manage any product supply issues affecting retail, commercial, or wholesale customers.
- Review the Marketing team’s sale forecasts and communicate any potential supply limitations or excess refinery production capacity available.
- Support the evaluation of significant retail, commercial or wholesale sales opportunities being pursued by the Marketing Team.
- Renewable & Low Carbon Fuel Regulation Compliance:
- Maintain subject matter expertise of current and proposed government legislation of renewable and low carbon fuel regulations to support Government Relations with advocacy efforts.
- Develop compliance strategies, negotiate supply contracts, and lead credit trading activity to ensure all renewable and low carbon fuel regulations are met.
Why it matters:
We fuel Western Canada. Our Refinery strives to be a recognized leader in safety, reliability and sustainability within the petroleum-refining industry.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Supply Chain and:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business.
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of relevant progressively responsible experience (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered).
- You have demonstrated negotiating skills.
- You are honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole self to work.
We take the health and well-being of our team members and customers very seriously. We continue to take steps across all areas of our business and locations to keep our team members and customers safe and healthy.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by July 16, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you require support to apply for this opportunity please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note you will be required to comply with the safety sensitive employment conditions in accordance with CRC policies.