By Robert Tuttle
The Syncrude maintenance was forecast to cut majority-owner Suncor’s share of production by 45,000 barrels a day in the second quarter. Suncor’s planned work on its own upgrader in the quarter was to cut production by 70,000 barrels a day. Other planned maintenance in the spring includes:
- The Scotford upgrader will run at just over half-capacity during a 55-day turnaround starting in April.
- Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. will conduct maintenance on Athabasca Oil Sands Project mines.
- Husky Energy Inc.’s Lloydminster upgrader to be under repair, affecting 40,000 barrels a day.
- Canadian Natural plans work at its Jackfish site in late first quarter.
- Imperial Oil Ltd. plans work at Cold Lake, one of two trains at Kearl oil-sands site.
- Athabasca Oil Corp. will complete turnaround at Hangingstone site.