This one-day program is geared towards helping managers understand key concepts of management and to develop an understanding of the impact that management styles have on employee performance. In doing so, they are better equipped to work effectively with their teams for the success of clients and the business as a whole. This workshop equips managers to get to grips with the fundamental roles and responsibilities of management, challenging their current ideas and approaches and supporting their development within the business.
Who Will Benefit
Individuals who are either new to people management or are seasoned managers looking to enhance their effectiveness as leaders.
- Recognize the challenges of effective people management
- Identify the impact that managers have on their people
- Understand how to motivate others to improve performance through goal setting and feedback
- Hold a challenging conversation around performance
- Prioritise day-to-day activities and move forward their contribution to sustainable success
- Develop a personal action plan for application in the workplace.
Topics covered will include:
- The role of the manager and expectations of managers
- Managing yourself, your people, and the business
- The manager as a role model for behaviour
- How to motivate and engage your team
- The art and practice of delegation using the urgent / importance model
- Manager’s responsibility in giving feedback
- How to handle difficult conversations
For more information about this event, please visit: cappa.org/seminar/cappa-seminar-building-management-skills-seminar